Wall Street Sexual Harassment Attorneys
Workplace Discrimination | Hostile Work Environment | Quid Pro Quo Harassment
Have you worked hard to make it to Wall Street only to find yourself being treated as a sexual object? Have you been offered a promotion, raise or other work-related benefit with the suggestion or outright request that you provide sexual favors in return? The lawyers at Leeds Brown Law P.C. can help you protect your rights.
Experienced New York Employment Law Attorneys
At Leeds Brown Law P.C., we have protected the rights of victims of sexual harassment in the workplace for more than 30 years. The key to our success has been a strong commitment to hard work and thorough preparation, combined with a personalized approach to every case. Our attorneys will take the time to learn the specific details of your case, as well as your needs, so that we can tailor our approach to get the outcome you want.
Our Wall Street Sexual Harassment Practice
We offer full-service representation to men and women who have been victims of sexual harassment on the job, handling claims involving:
- Quid pro quo sexual harassment — Our lawyers provide aggressive advocacy for individuals who have been offered job-related benefits in exchange for sexual favors, or who have been threatened with job-related punishment/sanctions for refusing to provide sexual favors. We take claims involving all types of promised benefits, such as promotions, raises or other fringe benefits.
- The existence of a hostile work environment based on sex — We will help you pursue damages or other remedies if you have been forced to work in an environment in which sexual references, jokes, pictures, innuendos, e-mails or other communications or acts are encouraged, allowed, ignored or tolerated.
We handle claims involving same-sex or opposite-sex harassment, as well as situations involving sexual harassment by men or women. If the sexual harassment to which you have been exposed has caused you to quit your job, we will help you seek compensation for constructive wrongful discharge.
Quid Pro Quo Harassment | Hostile Work Environment | Employment Discrimination
The statistics on sexual harassment in the workplace are sobering. According to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), more than 15,000 new claims are filed every year. Countless instances of sexual harassment in the workplace go unreported. Don’t be one of the victims. Let us help.
We are Leeds Brown Law P.C. For more than 30 years, we have been leaders in employment law and sexual harassment representation in New York and across the United States. We know from experience that every sexual harassment claim is unique and will take the time to carefully gather evidence to support your claim. We built our practice on a commitment to provide the highest levels of personal service and professional integrity.
Our Sexual Harassment Practice
We handle all types of sexual harassment claims arising out of employment, including:
- Quid pro quo claims — If you have been promised a job-related benefit in exchange for sexual favors, or have been threatened with a demotion, pay cut or other work-related punishment if you refuse a coworker’s sexual advances, you have a right to seek compensation. If the actions of your supervisor or a coworker have made your job so unbearable that you have decided to quit, you can also seek damages for wrongful discharge. You may even be able to seek compensation for sexual harassment by vendors or customers if your employer knowingly tolerates or condones such action.
- The existence of a hostile work environment based on sex — Your employer has a duty to ensure that the environment in which you work is not a threatening one or one that creates an offensive atmosphere based on sex. If your employer allows or condones unwanted sexual advances or touching, the dissemination of sexually oriented e-mails or communications, the posting of sexually provocative pictures, or the communication of sexual jokes or innuendos, you can pursue legal remedies.
Have you been offered a raise or promotion by a supervisor in exchange for sexual favors? Have you been threatened with termination or other job-related punishment if you don’t submit to a coworker’s advances? You are not alone. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) reports more than 15,000 claims filed annually alleging sexual harassment in the workplace. You don’t have to be a victim. The attorneys at Leeds Brown Law P.C. can help.
At Leeds Brown Law P.C., we are recognized by our colleagues in the legal profession as leaders in employment law and sexual harassment representation. For more than 30 years, we have fought for the rights of workers throughout New York, handling all types of employment law disputes, including sexual harassment claims. We built our reputation through hard work and thorough preparation, combined with a commitment to personalized attention and professional conduct.
Our Sexual Harassment Practice
We take a comprehensive approach when handling sexual harassment claims. We will carefully and compassionately listen to the details of your case and will help you take the right steps to protect your interests. We will make certain that you file all necessary documents, including any paperwork required by the EEOC, and will be your voice in all hearings or proceedings.
We represent men or women who have been subjected to any type of sexual harassment, including:
- Quid pro quo sexual harassment — The promise of a job-related benefit in exchange for sexual favors or the threat of a work-related punishment because of the refusal to submit to sexual demands
- Hostile work environment sexual harassment — The exposure to unwanted or inappropriate sexual behavior, including pornographic pictures or e-mails, dirty jokes, sexually suggestive remarks, unwanted physical contact or the use of terms with sexual connotations
Contact Our Office