Brooklyn Sexual Harassment Lawyers Leeds Brown
Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace | Hostile Work Environment | Promises or Threats Tied to Sexual Demands
Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, sexual harassment in the workplace occurs when an employee makes “continued, unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature.” In recent studies, one in six workers reports being a victim of some form of sexual harassment. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) received more than 12,000 complaints of sexual harassment in the workplace in 2011. Don’t be another one of the victims. Let Leeds Brown Law, PC help.
At Leeds Brown Law, PC, we bring more than 30 years of practice experience to men and women facing employment law challenges, including victims of sexual harassment. We represent individuals throughout New York, including Brooklyn. The hallmark of our practice has always been our commitment to hard work and thorough preparation, combined with a dedication to provide the highest levels of personal service and professional integrity.
Our Brooklyn Sexual Harassment Practice
We aggressively protect the rights of men and women who have been subjected to sexual harassment on the job, including those who have been victims of:
- Quid pro quo sexual harassment, whether in the form of a promise of a work-related benefit in exchange for sexual favors or the threat of a work-related punishment for refusal to comply with a sexual request
- A hostile work environment, including situations in which an employer encourages, allows or condones
- Pictures or e-mails that are sexually provocative or suggestive
- Unwanted touching or grabbing
- Jokes, gestures, comments or innuendos of a sexual nature
- Repeated requests for dates
Contact Our Office
To schedule an appointment with an experienced Brooklyn sexual harassment attorney, call our office at 516-873-9550 or 212-661-4370 (toll-free at 800-585-4658), or contact us online. There is no charge for your first consultation.