New York Sex Discrimination Attorneys
Top Law Firm with 100 Years of Combined Experience
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act specifically prohibits sexual discrimination in the workplace. At Leeds Brown Law, PC, our employment law attorneys fight sex discrimination and sexual harassment in the workplace.
If you believe you have been sexually discriminated against or subjected to sexual harassment in the workplace, an experienced employment lawyer can help you protect your rights and legal interests. You should not be required to put up with sex discrimination or sexual harassment in the workplace.
Some Common Examples Sex Discrimination or Sexual Harassment Claims
The following common actions could give rise to a discrimination or sexual harassment claim:
- Sex-discrimination involving hiring — If your qualifications are the same or superior to other applicants, but you were passed on because the company (or its customers) was more comfortable dealing with someone of a different gender, you may have a sex discrimination claim.
- Sex-discrimination involving firing — If your qualifications are substantially similar or superior to those of your co-workers or peers, but you were fired because of your gender, you may have a sex discrimination claim.
- Sex-discrimination involving promotions — If you were passed over for promotion because of your sex, that is sex discrimination. If you were passed over for promotion because you refused sexual advances or refused a quid pro quo (sex for promotion) offer from your boss, then you may have a sexual harassment claim as well.
- Sex-discrimination involving benefits — If you are not receiving the same benefits at work as your counterpart of another gender, or if you are denied maternity leave or other disability benefits provided to co-workers of another gender, then you may have a claim for sex discrimination.
- Sex-discrimination involving job classifications — If you are not receiving the pay and grade for the increased work you perform, while your counterparts of another sex are receiving an increase in pay or new job title for their increased workload, you may have a claim for sex discrimination.
- Sexual harassment in the workplace — If you are the recipient of unwanted touching, repeated requests for dates, sexual innuendos or comments about your physical attributes, or if you are being subjected to jokes or talk of a sexual nature that make you uncomfortable, then you may have a claim for sexual harassment in the workplace.
At Leeds Brown Law, PC our employment law attorneys have extensive experience in handling employment-related disputes, including sex discrimination and sexual harassment claims. Our employment law representation extends to clients throughout Long Island and elsewhere in the New York City metropolitan area, as well as across the country.
We would be happy to discuss your sex discrimination or sexual harassment matter in confidence, and provide free consultations to answer your questions and evaluate your claim. Contact one of our experienced sex discrimination attorneys today to discover how we can help you.
Leeds Brown Law, PC is a New York City area litigation firm committed to integrity, professionalism, vigorous advocacy and getting results in a variety of legal practice areas, particularly in the areas of civil rights and employment discrimination.
Located in New York City, as well as Nassau County, the attorneys at Leeds Brown Law, PC offer high quality legal services and representation to clients throughout the five boroughs of Manhattan, including Wall Street, Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island; and throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long island, including the Northshore, the Southshore, and cities such as Garden City, Carle Place, Hempstead, Mineola, Melville, Westbury, Hicksville, Levittown, Freeport, Massapequa, Valley Stream, Long Beach, Glen Cove, Syosset, Huntington, Bayside, Forest Hills, Manhasset, Whitestone, Commack, Brentwood and Riverhead, New York. Leeds Brown Law also extends its practice throughout all the counties of Nassau and Suffolk County, which includes the East end of Long Island, as well as to The Hamptons.
Pages Related to Sex Discrimination / Gender Discrimination
- Attorneys File Gender Discrimination Claims for Women in New York City
- Employment Discrimination Lawyers Represent LGBT Workers in Discrimination Cases
- Long Island Sex Discrimination Lawyers Help Clients Understand Unlawful Behavior
- New York City Sex Harassment Lawyers Protect the Rights of Transgender Individuals
- New York State Prohibits Discrimination Based on Gender Identity, Transgender Status, and Gender Dysmorphia
- The Women’s Equality Act Becomes Law- What You Need to Know
- Understanding Pregnancy Discrimination
- Who is Responsible for Workplace Gender Discrimination?
- Sexual Discrimination FAQs
- Sexual Discrimination Harassment