Employment Lawyers in Garden City, New York
Wage and Hour Violations | Workplace Discrimination or Harassment | Misclassification of Workers | Minimum Wage or Overtime Violations | Denial of Breaks
Your job means a lot to you. It’s how you take care of yourself and your loved ones. It puts food on your table and a roof over your head. But that doesn’t mean you have to let your employer take advantage of you, making you work long hours without overtime, requiring that you take work home to meet deadlines, denying you regular breaks, even time for a meal. The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) guarantees all workers across the United States certain rights. If your employer has violated your rights, the attorneys at Leeds Brown Law, PC, can help.
At Leeds Brown Law, PC, we have provided aggressive employment law counsel to men and women across New York for more than three decades, including individuals from Garden City and the surrounding communities. We have built our practice and our reputation on a commitment to hard work and thorough preparation. We understand that every case is unique, and will carefully gather all evidence to support your claim.
Our Garden City Employment Law Practice
We handle all matters related to violations of your rights under the Fair Labor Standards Act, handling cases involving:
- Requirements that you stay at work after you have punched off the clock, or that you take work home with you to meet deadlines
- Denial of pay for overtime earned, or of minimum wages for work performed
- Refusal to allow you to take breaks, including meal breaks, or deducting breaks from your time card even when you have not taken them
- Misclassification as an exempt employee to avoid paying you overtime
- Denial of termination pay earned
Our lawyers also advocate for victims of employment discrimination and harassment, whether based on gender, race, age, disability, religion or creed, or sexual orientation.
Contact the Law Office of Leeds Brown Law, PC