Long Island and New York City Wrongful Termination Attorneys
In New York, it is illegal to terminate an employee for discriminatory reasons or because that employee engaged in a “protected activity.” A protected activity may include: reporting illegal workplace conduct (i.e., sexual harassment/discrimination); exercising your rights under Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); or filing for Paid Family Leave benefits. If you have been the victim of wrongful termination, you may have the right to take legal action and you may be entitled to significant compensation. The Long Island and New York City wrongful termination lawyers at Leeds Brown Law, P.C., can analyze your situation and explain your options, guide you through the legal process and fight to protect your career, your rights as an employee, and your rights as a human being.
The attorneys at Leeds Brown Law, P.C., have extensive experience with wrongful termination and workplace discrimination/harassment cases. Our efforts have resulted in millions of dollars in monetary and non-monetary compensation for employees throughout Long Island and New York City. We’re sensitive to the needs of our clients should they require confidential settlement negotiations, mediation or arbitration, or a jury trial.
Some Common Examples of Wrongful Termination or Employer Retaliation
- Firing an employee because of his or her race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, sexual orientation, family status, or any other protected class covered under Federal, State, and City laws
- Firing an employee for reporting sexual harassment
- Firing an employee for reporting any type of discrimination
- Firing an employee for exercising his or her rights under FMLA, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and or any other applicable Federal, State, or City laws
- Firing an employee for reporting violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and/or New York State Labor Law and/or New York City labor laws such as unpaid overtime or unpaid tips
- Firing an employee for reporting certain improper conduct by the employer (for example, acting as a whistleblower)
The Long Island and New York City wrongful termination attorneys at Leeds Brown Law, P.C., are highly-committed to the principles of justice in the workplace. Our success in the field of employment law has led to precedent-setting decisions by various courts, and a number of publicized high-profile verdicts, and substantial settlements. And while we are proud of these accomplishments, our most valued accomplishments are are protecting and asserting the rights of our clients.
Our lawyers are ready to discuss your wrongful termination and/or employer retaliation matter in confidence and provide a free consultation to answer your questions and evaluate your claim. Protect your rights and your career. Contact one of our experienced attorneys today.
Contact Leeds Brown Law, P.C. | (212) 661-4370 or (516) 873-9550
The Long Island and New York City wrongful termination attorneys at Leeds Brown Law, P.C., located in Nassau County and New York City, offer legal representation to clients throughout the five boroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island. Our services extend throughout Nassau County and Suffolk County, including, but not limited to: the North Shore, the South Shore, and towns such as Garden City, Hempstead, Mineola, Melville, Westbury, Hicksville, Levittown, Freeport, Massapequa, Valley Stream, Long Beach, Glen Cove, Syosset, Huntington, Bayside, Forest Hills, Manhasset, Whitestone, Commack, Brentwood, Riverhead, and the Hamptons.