Sam Smith has worked at Leeds Brown Law, P.C. beginning in August 2014, and has been an Associate since April 2015. Sam has focused on cases involving employment law, employment discrimination, and sexual harassment, including cases in New York State Courts, the New York State Division of Human Rights (“NYSDHR”), and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”). Sam has also worked on litigation matters involving Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (“ADEA”).
Sam received a Bachelor of Science at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst in 2011. Sam graduated from Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University in 2014, and is admitted to practice in New York State courts.
- Employment Law
- Employment Discrimination
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law, Hofstra University, J.D.
- Hofstra Law Review, Vols. 41 & 42 – Articles Editor (Vol. 42)
- Robert M. Johnston Outstanding Articles Editor Award Recipient
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst, B.S., Magna Cum Laude
- Note, Show Me the Mediation!: Introducing Mediation Prior to Salary Arbitration in Major League Baseball, 42 HOFSTRA L. REV. 1007 (2014).
- State of New York, 2015
- Southern District of New York, 2016
- Eastern District of New York, 2016