New York Age Discrimination Attorneys and ADEA Lawyers
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) specifically prohibits employment discrimination directed at anyone who is 40 or over. At Leeds Brown Law, PC, our employment law attorneys fight age discrimination in the workplace.
If you have been discriminated against in the workplace or have questions regarding ADEA, an experienced employment lawyer can help you protect your rights and legal interests. Everyone should have the option to retire, but retirement should never be forced upon you when you are still capable and willing to work.
Leeds Brown Law, PC has extensive experience with employment law claims, including age discrimination and ADEA claims. Our efforts have resulted in millions of dollars in monetary and nonmonetary compensation for employees throughout Long Island and New York.
Some Common Examples of New York Age Discrimination or Federal ADEA Claims
There are many types of actions that could constitute age discrimination or violate ADEA. Although not being hired or being fired due to age are the most common actions giving rise to an age discrimination claim or ADEA violation, they are by no means the only actions. Other common actions that could give rise to an age discrimination claim or ADEA action include:
- Age discrimination involving hiring — While an employer can hire someone older or who has more experience, decisions not to hire someone based on age is discrimination and violates the ADEA. An experienced employment law attorney can help. Contact us today to discuss your situation in confidence.
- Age discrimination involving in firing — During downturns in the economy (such as we are currently experiencing), many people get fired. If you are fired because of your age, this is discrimination and a violation of ADEA. An experienced employment lawyer can assist you in protecting your rights. Contact us today to discuss your situation in confidence.
- Age discrimination involving promotions — If you were passed over for promotion because of your age, that is discrimination, and an experienced attorney can fight to protect your rights. Contact us today to discuss your situation in confidence.
- Age discrimination involving benefits — If you are not receiving the same benefits at work as other employees because of your age, an experienced employment law attorney can aggressively pursue a claim for age discrimination. Contact us today to discuss your situation in confidence.
- Age discrimination involving job assignments — If you feel you are being discriminated against in the assignment of work due to your age, contact a New York age discrimination attorney to discuss your situation in confidence.
- Age discrimination involving training — If you feel you are being discriminated against in the assignment of training because of your age, contact a New York age discrimination attorney to discuss your situation in confidence.
At Leeds Brown Law, PC, our lawyers have extensive experience handling employment-related disputes, including age discrimination and ADEA claims. Our employment law representation extends to clients throughout Long Island and elsewhere in the New York City metropolitan area, as well as across the country.
We would be happy to discuss your age discrimination matter in confidence, and provide free consultations to answer your questions and evaluate your claim. Contact one of our experienced age discrimination attorneys today to discover how we can help you.
Contact Leeds Brown Law, PC 800-585-4658
Located in New York City, as well as Nassau County, the attorneys at Leeds Brown Law, PC offer high quality legal services and representation to clients throughout the five boroughs of Manhattan, including Wall Street, Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island; and throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long island, including the Northshore, the Southshore, and cities such as Garden City, Carle Place, Hempstead, Mineola, Melville, Westbury, Hicksville, Levittown, Freeport, Massapequa, Valley Stream, Long Beach, Glen Cove, Syosset, Huntington, Bayside, Forest Hills, Manhasset, Whitestone, Commack, Brentwood and Riverhead, New York. Leeds Brown Law also extends its practice throughout all the counties of Nassau and Suffolk County, which includes the East end of Long Island, as well as to The Hamptons.