Carle Place, New York Managing Partner
Years of Experience:
- Admitted to the NY Bar January 8, 1997.
Prior Relevant Experience:
- Jeff started as an associate at LMB in 1997
- Jeff was made a named partner in 2000
- Employment Discrimination Law
- Employment Law / Employee / Employer
- Sexual Harassment / Racial Discrimination / Religious Discrimination
- Education Law/Student Rights/Teacher Rights
- Commercial Litigation / Breach of Contract
- Wage / Hour / Overtime Pay / Failure to Pay Gratuities
- Prevailing Wage / City / State / Federal
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Hofstra Law School
- Juris Doctor, May 1996
- Honors: District Honor, Article Published in the Hofstra Labor Law Journal Law Journal; Hofstra Labor Law Journal, Member
- New York State Bar, Second Department
- United States District Court Southern District of New York
- United States District Court Eastern District of New York
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
Professional Awards or Designations:
- 2006 Man of the Year from The Workplace Project for his dedication and commitment to the rights of immigrant workers
- Named a “Foe of Wall Street” by Newsweek Magazine
Cases of Signifigance:
- Lead counsel in a real estate discrimination case in which he recovered approximately $19 million dollars on behalf of 135 Asian condominium owners in Flushing, Queens
- Secured multi-million recovery against a contractor that failed to pay the appropriate wages to 16 Hispanic employees pursuant to Federal and State contracts
- Has brought successful actions against several Fortune 500 and other major companies securing millions of dollars in recoveries for clients
- Secured millions of dollars in settlements by establishing alternative dispute resolution programs with Fortune 500 companies
- Served as Lead and Co-Lead class counsel in various class actions that resulted in millions of dollars in settlement funds
- Appeared on major television networks to talk about high-profile cases
Civic or Community Involvement:
- Handles cases at reduced rate or no charge for indigent clients
- Donated funds to Hofstra Law School for new atrium
- Lectured for the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and other civil rights organizations on employment issues
Small Law Firm Leeds Brown Law Becoming Powerful Wall Street Foe
New York City and Tri State Attorney
During the past three decades, Leeds Brown Law, PC based in Carle Place, Long Island, has distinguished itself as a premiere litigation firm in New York and its metropolitan area. We take pride in maintaining the highest standards in the legal profession, while vigorously representing the interests of our diverse clientele. We have the ability to anticipate and deal with complex legal issues, constantly analyzing and consulting on behalf of our wide range of clients. From Fortune 500 companies in the banking, insurance and retailing industries, to City, State and Federal contractors, Leeds Brown Law, PC is never afraid to fight the toughest of adversaries. One of the biggest reasons for the firm’s success is senior partner Jeffrey K. Brown.
Jeff graduated from the State University at Albany in 1992. In 1996, he graduated from Hofstra Law School where he was a member of the Hofstra Labor Law Journal. Additionally, he received the distinct honor of having his article published in the Hofstra Labor Law Journal. In 1997, Jeff joined the firm of Leeds Brown Law as an associate. Jeff’s uncanny ability to recognize the Big Picture without losing sight of the small details is what quickly made him a rising star at the firm. In 1998, he served as lead counsel in a real estate discrimination case in which he recovered $19 million dollars on behalf of 135 Asian condominium owners in Flushing, Queens. This case was reported in the New York Law Journal and The New York Times.
In January of 2000, Jeff became a named partner of the firm which subsequently changed its name to Leeds Brown Law, PC Jeff manages and supervises a caseload dedicated to class actions and individual actions consisting primarily of civil rights / employment discrimination, sexual harassment, unpaid wage / hour / overtime, as well as student and teacher rights cases.
Additionally, Jeff was honored as man of the year for his dedication and commitment to The Workplace Project in 2006. The Workplace project is a membership based organization that unites immigrant workers and their families for better working and living conditions. Jeff and the staff of LBL have offered legal assistance on a pro bono basis to this valuable organization in order to safeguard the rights and interests of these underprivileged workers.
On a final note, Jeff has appeared on television and other media outlets in regard to civil rights and employment issues. He has also lectured for the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and other civil rights organizations on employment issues.
Whether you reside in Garden City, Mineola, Great Neck, or any city throughout Nassau or Suffolk Counties on Long Island, even the Hamptons area, we can assist you in your legal matters. Our office is available for appointments in Nassau County or New York City.