Carle Place, New York
Years of Experience:
- Admitted to the NY Bar January 8, 1997.
Prior Relevant Experience:
- Jeff started as an associate at LMB in 1997
- Jeff was made a named partner in 2000
- Employment Discrimination Law
- Employment Law / Employee / Employer
- Sexual Harassment / Racial Discrimination / Religious Discrimination
- Education Law/Student Rights/Teacher Rights
- Commercial Litigation
- Divorce / Family Law / Child Support / Child Custody / Domestic Partnerships
- Probate Administration / Contested & Uncontested Estates / Wills / Trusts
- Prevailing Wage / City / State / Federal
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Wage / Hour / Overtime Pay
- Hofstra Law School
- Juris Doctor, May 1996
- Honors: District Honor, Article Published in the Hofstra Labor Law Journal Law Journal; Hofstra Labor Law Journal, Member
- New York State Bar, Second Department
- United States District Court Southern District of New York
- United States District Court Eastern District of New York
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
Professional Awards or Designations:
- 2006 Man of the Year from The Workplace Project for his dedication and commitment to the rights of immigrant workers
- Named a "Foe of Wall Street" by Newsweek Magazine
Board or Bar Certifications:
Landmark or High Profile Cases:
- Lead counsel in a real estate discrimination case in which he recovered $19 million dollars on behalf of 135 Asian condominium owners in Flushing, Queens
- Multi-million dollar lawsuit against a contractor that failed to pay the appropriate wages to 16 Hispanic employees pursuant to Federal and State contracts
- One of the largest ever recoveries in a prevailing wage case, according to the NYS Comptroller's office
- Has brought successful actions against several Fortune 500 and other major companies securing millions of dollars in awards for clients
- Experience in handling matters involving several multi-million dollar trusts
- Secured millions of dollars in settlements by establishing alternative dispute resolution programs with Fortune 500 companies throughout the country
- Served as Co-Lead counsel in various class actions that resulted in millions of dollars in recoveries
- Appeared on major television networks to talk about high profile cases
Civic or Community Involvement:
- Handles cases at reduced rate or no charge for indigent clients
- Donated funds to Hofstra Law School for new atrium
- Lectured for the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and other civil rights organizations on employment issues
- Pro Bono work for indigent workers who encounter discrimination and non-payment of wages
Anything special for which you are known:
- Managing partner of the firm
- Demonstrating passion and empathy for clients
- Being accessible to clients seven (7) days a week
- " I’m a trial lawyer with 30 years experience, practicing in one of the preeminent law firms in the U.S. In my educated opinion, Jeff Brown is one of the top plaintiff’s lawyers in the country. He has that unique talent for knowing when to bring the hammer, and when to use honey, to accomplish his client’s goals."
- Robert Hoffman, Esq. – Sr. Partner at Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
Small Law Firm Leeds Brown Law Becoming Powerful Wall Street Foe
New York City and Tri State Attorneys
During the past three decades, Leeds Brown Law, PC based in Carle Place, Long Island, has distinguished itself as a premiere litigation firm in New York and its metropolitan area. We take pride in maintaining the highest standards in the legal profession, while vigorously representing the interests of our diverse clientele. We have the ability to anticipate and deal with complex legal issues, constantly analyzing and consulting on behalf of our wide range of clients. From Fortune 500 companies in the banking, insurance and retailing industries, to City, State and Federal contractors, Leeds Brown Law, PC is never afraid to fight the toughest of adversaries. The firm has recovered precedent setting verdicts with national implications. One of the biggest reasons for the firm's success is senior partner Jeff Brown.
Jeff Brown graduated from the State University at Albany in 1992. In 1996, he graduated from Hofstra Law School where he was a member of the Hofstra Labor Law Journal. Additionally, he received the distinct honor of having his article published in the Hofstra Labor Law Journal. In 1997, Jeff joined the firm of Leeds Brown Law as an associate. Jeff's uncanny ability to recognize the Big Picture without losing sight of the small details is what quickly made him a rising star at the firm. In 1998, he served as lead counsel in a real estate discrimination case in which he recovered $19 million dollars on behalf of 135 Asian condominium owners in Flushing, Queens. This case was reported in the New York Law Journal and The New York Times.
In January of 2000, Jeff became a named partner of the firm which subsequently changed its name to Leeds Brown Law, PC Jeff manages and supervises a caseload dedicated to class actions and high profile individual actions consisting primarily of civil rights discrimination. In 2005, he filed a lawsuit against a private contractor for millions of dollars. The lawsuit alleged that the contractor failed to pay the appropriate wages to 16 Hispanic employees pursuant to Federal and State contracts. According to the NYS Comptroller's office, Jeff's recovery was one of the largest ever in a prevailing wage case.
Currently Jeff's caseload consists of several high profile cases involving some of the world's largest companies. He successfully negotiated an agreement with the EEOC to jointly prosecute a class action against Allied Aviation for allegations of race discrimination in the Northern District of Texas. Jeff and his team at Leeds Brown Law, PC have become so adept at successfully arguing on behalf of their clients that Newsweek Magazine called them the foe of Wall Street. The article also quoted an executive from Chubb Insurance Company who stated that they have raised the rates on corporate liability insurance in response to Leed Brown Law's success in defending the rights of its clients against these corporate giants. Jeff Brown's unique ability to achieve large settlements for his clients is a big reason why the mere mention of the name Leeds Brown Law, PC evokes fear, and a desire to settle cases, in the hearts of corporate executives.
Additionally, Jeff was honored as man of the year for his dedication and commitment to The Workplace Project in 2006. The Workplace project is a membership based organization that unites immigrant workers and their families for better working and living conditions. Jeff and the staff of LBL have offered legal assistance on a pro bono basis to this valuable organization in order to safeguard the rights and interests of these underprivileged workers.
On a final note, Jeff has appeared on television and other media outlets in regard to civil rights and employment issues. He has also lectured for the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and other civil rights organizations on employment issues.
Whether you reside in Garden City, Mineola, Great Neck, or any city throughout Nassau or Suffolk Counties on Long Island, even the Hamptons area, we can assist you in your legal matters. Our office is available for appointments in Nassau County or New York City.
Contact Us Today!